I have a sweet tooth ( so does my whole family :-)), which means we can hardly live a day without baking something sweet. Muffins, sweet breads, cupcakes, pancakes, cakes…anything goes.
Today I want to share with you a very easy recipe of my favourite banana bread. You can bake it plain or add various things to it. I usually add sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds and occasionally I also add some gluten free chocolate chips – my favourite are Callebaut 53% or 80% dark chocolate chips which I buy on Amazon.
And I absolutely love flaked almonds sprinkled on the top – I usually nick them all one by one before we even finish the bread 🙂
This bread is moist, sweet and actually quite nutritious, thanks to nuts, seeds, bananas and oats inside it!
Hope you like it. Enjoy and let me know how you got on!
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs ( for egg free version replace eggs with chia or flax seeds - see Notes)
- 1/3 cup Melted Coconut Oil or softened Organic Dairy Butter ( i take butter out of the fridge before I go to sleep night before and in the morning it's perfectly soft enough for baking)
- 1/2 cup Coconut or Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Almond/Coconut/Oat milk ( add more if needed)
- 1 cup Ground Almonds
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1,5 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend ( I use Doves Farm)
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup Flaked Almonds to sprinkle on top ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. If you use silicone form - grease it with coconut oil or butter inside.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl and add eggs, coconut oil/butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, soda and half of nut milk.
- Add ground almonds, oats and gluten free flour. Mix well. Shouldn't be too runny, otherwise add a little bit of GF flour. If too thick - add more milk.
- Fold in all seeds and chocolate chips (optional)
- Sprinkle flaked almonds on top.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the stick comes out clean.
- Cool down for 1-2 hours.
- Serve plain or with almond butter/organic dairy butter/jam/cream or whatever you like!
- For egg free version replace the eggs for chia or flax seeds mixed with water.
- Mix 1 tbsp of chia seeds or ground flax seeds (linseeds) with 2.5 tbsp water and leave aside for 5 minutes, then add to the bread mix instead of egg.